Keeping Fit in Harrison
Fitness is a way of life for many people and can be a challenge when on vacation. For those fitness enthusiasts, Harrison Hot Springs is an excellent destination year-round. There are many great ways to stay in shape while in Harrison Hot Springs. Let’s explore a few of the top activities for the fitness enthusiast in Harrison Hot Springs and share a few tips on how to stay fit when travelling.
Harrison Hot Springs is an ideal place for staying fit with temperate climates exercising can be done both indoors and outdoors year-round. In the warmer months Harrison lake is your perfect playground, swimming, kayaking and paddle boarding are among the most popular activities for visitors wanting an outdoor workout on the water. It’s important to note that the lake temperature can be extremely cold so do be very careful when planning your water activities. You can rent paddle boards from us at the Harrison Beach Hotel so definitely check that out when you’re here!
Hiking is also one of the top ways people in Harrison Hot Springs stay in shape. There are many great hikes throughout the region. Whether you are an avid hiker or just starting out there are trails to meet your skill and comfort level. Taking a walk around the lake or renting a bike and cruising around the town are also fun ways to get your workout in and also explore this quaint town. If you don’t have a bicycle don’t worry we’ve got you covered, the Harrison Beach Hotel offers bike rentals!
When the colder months roll in there are still plenty of actives to help you stay fit. A short drive outside of town you will find Sasquatch mountain where you can get your fill of fitness on the slopes. If downhill skiing isn’t for you there is also snowshoeing and cross country-skiing. Make sure you bundle up it gets cold out there!!!
When it comes to working out if you are more of an indoor cat, the facilities at the Harrison Beach Hotel have everything you need to get in a great workout!
For those find it challenging to work out or stay active while on vacation here are a few tips that will help keep you on track with your fitness while you’re travelling:
- Pack your gym gear including your music! if you don’t pack workout clothes you pack an excuse to not work out. Make sure you have your gear all set
- Plan your workout into your schedule- maybe book a paddle board ahead of time or schedule a family hike. If it’s part of your itinerary you are more likely to do it.
- Do your research- know what to expect weather wise, and what is available to you when you are visiting. For example- If it’s snowy you may not want to hike you may want to snowshoe instead. Check out your hotel gym online too so you can plan your workout routine in advance. Maybe see if there are local classes such as yoga happening while you are here!
- Have a goal in mind- perhaps it’s to get in 45 min of physical activity each day you are on vacation, whatever your goal is write it down so you can look at it and be accountable
- HAVE FUN- make fitness fun when you are here, choose activities you will enjoy doing, let fitness be a bi product of your fun!
We’d be remiss not to mention yoga – not only a great way to be fit, it’s a lifestyle that promotes general wellness. The Harrison Beach Hotel is hosting a 2 day yoga retreat in April, where we’d love to see you!
Come check out the many fun ways people stay fit in Harrison Hot Springs! Book your vacation today!