Did you know that many of the local establishments in Harrison Hot Springs integrate locally sourced food to create unique dishes that can satiate the appetite? Everything from poultry to some of the region’s best honey, bacon, cheese and organic fruit and vegetables can be found right here in the Fraser Valley. Don’t believe us? Check it out for yourself!
MUDDY WATERS CAFE
This café, espresso bar and ice cream shop has been a family-run business since 1993. At Muddy Waters Café, they pride themselves on creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere to anyone who walks through their doors. The bulk of their ingredients are sourced locally and all of their home-baked good are made with love.
If you’re heading to Muddy Waters Cafe, you should try:
- Brie with Sliced Pear – open-faced brie with sliced pear, local honey and toasted pecan on cranberry sourdough.
- Local Raised Ground Rib Steak Burger – Grass-fed Agassiz beef topped with five-year aged white cheddar, local tomato, Spanish onion, crisp lettuce, mayo and homemade, mustard on a toasted brioche bun.
- Duck Breast – Local Fraser Valley Duck Breast with homemade blackberry mayo
Taco Rio uses fresh, local ingredients to offer the best Mexican-inspired cuisine with global influences. The final result is fresh, imaginative food that everyone can enjoy.
If you’re heading to Taco Rio, you should try:
- Al Pastor Pork Tacos – topped with pineapple salsa, salsa verde, onion and cilantro
- Fish Burrito – Beer battered cod, cheddar, Monterey jack, mozzarella, Mexican rice, coleslaw, salsa verde, cilantro lime aioli, pineapple salsa.
- Crispy Cauliflower Bowl – Beer-battered cauliflower, cheddar, Monterey jack, mozzarella, Mexican rice, coleslaw, edamame, guacamole, pico de gallo, fire-roasted salsa roja, chipotle aioli, nacho chips.
Enjoy gourmet artisan pizza and pasta from Village Pizzeria. Each of their creations are baked with care using fresh ingredients selectively sourced from across the region.
If you’re heading to Village Pizzeria, you should try:
- Lasagna Alfredo – Noodles baked in a delicious creamy sauce with spinach and mozzarella topped with parmesan
- Spicy Thai Pizza – Tangy peanut sauce, mushrooms, topped with mozzarella, seasoned chicken, green onions, banana peppers and cilantro.
- New Yorker – Ham, pepperoni, mushrooms, onions topped with mozzarella and Italian sausage
Voted one of the top restaurants in the Fraser Valley, Pho Ho brings an authentic Vietnamese flair to Harrison Hot Springs using traditional ingredients, preparation and love. Their claim to fame is a Pho, featuring flavorful beef broth that comes from the slow simmering and traditional recipe of Northern Vietnam where it can be eaten at any time of day, including breakfast.
If you’re heading to Pho Ho, you should try:
- Lemongrass Chicken – grilled lemongrass chicken, spring roll served on a bed of jasmine rice
- Pho Tai Chin Nam – Satay beef noodle soup with vermicelli noodles
- Pork Vermicelli Bowl – Charbroiled pork and spring rolls on a bed of vermicelli noodles
What do you look for in a restaurant? If it’s authenticity, flavour, presentation or great service, Harrison Hot Springs has something to satisfy all of your needs. Enjoy a staycation at Harrison Beach Hotel to take in all of the great local eats. Bon appetite!